Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apathetic State of Mind

Is it terrible that I kind of don't want to graduate with a job lined up?

I know it is probably a little irresponsible but so far my life has been one planned thing lined up after another... and its making me crazy!

I love the thought of graduating with no plan. Taking the summer to enjoy my new found freedom and eventually finding a job. Having that deadline of: must find job by end of school year is really cramping my style...

I literally have no desire to start do anything in terms of finding a job. I've been ignoring my resume. Ignoring job fairs. And not even attempting to find jobs to apply for.

And it feels great.

Perhaps this feeling of apathy will pass as the year goes on.... then again, perhaps not.
We shall see!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you know that you can usually have a job upon graduation but not start until August....right?

but i'm with you - i'm choosing to study abroad this summer (lose money) rather than work a good job that's already been offered to me..so i don't blame you.

as john schwartz would say, "life is about making memories" - which i'm not sure if i totally agree with, but i say it when i wish it were true.

em. said...

this is very bold of you! going with the flow and doing what everyone else is also trying to achieve is not always the right choice!