Monday, October 25, 2010

Life update. What else?!

Readers... Friends, Life is good. Not that my current situation is really any better than its been the last 5 months (sick. has it really been that long since I graduated?!) Its just that I look at my life differently now. And have had a serious attitude adjustment.

Things I've realized over the last few months that have made me an all around happier person:
1) God loves me always. And he is a great BFF to have when you are all alone in Topeka :)

2) I have been waiting months for God to show me his plan for my future. But then I had this epiphany. I've been treating my current situation as just a "transition phase", one that I only see as temporary and therefore haven't focused on anything other than what my life could be/will be like in the future. But umm. HELLO! NOW is time too. NOW is just as important to God as is three months from now. And why should I ever expect God to show me his will for my future if I'm not willing to seek/accept his will for me NOW. Such a simple concept yet somehow I've missed it all these months.

3) I love music. Plain and simple. I love it all. And will love it until the day I die. Is it creepy that I think about what songs I want to play at my funeral?...

4) I love Topeka and I don't care who knows it. Yea.. its a little trashy sometimes. But that's kind of what I love about it. The only thing that's missing is friends... and a job. Hence, I have to move.

5) The Chiefs are 4-2!

Well, its after 11 which means I am up past my bedtime soooo Guten Nacht!

2 comments:

Sara said...

You are awesome. Topeka is awesome. And the future is so bright...well, you know. :)

Miss seeing you! So glad to hear you're doing well. Enjoy this season friend.

Unknown said...

You and Topeka...you work so well together.

We need to come take the photo on the capital steps!

And yes, God rocks, keep looking for ways to seize what He's got for you now :)

tata.