Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Veronika, der Lenz ist da

I opened up blogger without really having a plan as to what I was going to write about. So, I'll just write whatever comes to mind. This could be fun.

a) 7 weeks of school left... then I GRADUATE!! As much sadness is filled with leaving this place, I can honestly say that I am really excited. Stepping away from everything here for a week during spring break was good for me. For some reason, I think more clearly/my life makes more sense when I'm in Topeka. maybe that's just the magic of Topeka... or should I say, Google. ;)

b) Still have no clue what I'm doing after graduation but I'm not worried about it. I trust that the right opportunity will come along when it is supposed to. Which feels good.

c) Spring is technically here! I'm excited for warm days and playing soccer with Kristen. Also, I can't help but think of a german song by an old singing group called Comedian Harmonists that were very popular in Europe until the mid 1930's. After that things got rocky because several of the members were Jewish. However, their music lives on and the "group" is back (with new members obviously). So, here is the modern comedian harmonists singing the song that I find myself singing everyday because the main line is, "Veronika, der lenz ist da" which translates to, "Veronica, the spring is here". You will probably think it is weird (which it is) but that is why I love the Germans. Plus now you've expanded your cultural horizons for the day.

d) The Dawson family is going to see Earth Wind & Fire at starlight at the end of May. I can't wait!! oh, and we have an extra ticket. So feel free to bribe your way into getting to join in on the best evening of your life.

e) My lovely friend/fellow blogger, Sara, is getting married soon and it is going to be a glorious occasion!!

And finally,
f) I have found that I talk to myself. a lot. My roommate Katie has caught me on several occasions walking and talking to myself. It is kind of embarrassing but at the same time, I can't help it if I enjoy spending time with myself. Kelsie is always great to talk with. ;)




1 comment:

Sara said...

TOPEKAAAAA!!!

And yay for the shout out...16 days. HOLY CRAP! :)