Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Soccer Frenzy!

I just finished an evening full of soccer. And it was wonderful.

The (baby) Aardvarks, which is the little boys team that Kristen and I coach, had their second game of the season tonight. The final score was 0-0 which is an improvement from the 5-0 beating they received last week. Plus, our boys dominated most of the time. Just couldn’t score a goal! This game was much more physical than our first. Multiple injuries. But our boys took them like men. They all earned a man card tonight!

All of you need to come watch a game sometime. Seriously. It is so hilarious. You won’t regret coming. We have a game on Tuesday and Thursday of next week. BE THERE!… or else!

Once the (baby) Aardvarks game was over, I had to take off my coach’s cap and put on my player’s cap. I had my first intramural indoor soccer game of the season tonight. Kristen is also on this team with me, along with Katie and some other fabulous ladies (we are also called the Aardvarks….. Confusing? Deal with it).
I think we were all a little nervous before the game. For most of us, it had been a few years since we really played but we did great! We won 5-1. But we scored on ourselves so really it doesn’t count. Let’s call it 5-0, yes?

It felt GREAT to be playing again. Just like riding a bike! Although, I definitely noticed that some of my foot skills weren’t what they used to be, nor was my stamina. I am old and not in shape like I used to be!

You are all welcome to come watch us play, as well! However, we might not be as entertaining as the little guys. But if we make it to the playoffs then I’ll expect some fans to be rooting us on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's just something special about little boys earning their man cards. Well done on coaching them up this week :) I'm sure next game will result in a sound victory!

Unknown said...

yes, good work coach. i am sure your team will score in the next game! especially after honing your skills all afternoon with sam, kristen and i!